ALGAE RESEARCH PROJECT - MAPPING.
Lack of transparency and access to industry is a barrier to collaborations and consortia building around algae projects.
This project aims to map previous, existing and future algae projects in order to create the necessary transparency to stimulate and have a positive effect on the overall algae sector.
The ARPM (Algae Research Project - Mapping) is acollaborative open-source platform for researchers conducting algae-related studies. The interface is structuredaround a dynamic interactive map for enhancing communication between researchers and enabling collaborations between research centers and the industry.
FEEDING THE DATABASE
We are creating this mapping platform to facilitate academic exchanges between research institutions and enable collaborations with relevant industries. It aims is to lead to new collaborations and sponsoring for the projects.
POSSIBLE INCENTIVES FOR RESEARCHERS
Find collaborators for new calls:
1. post information about the profiles you are looking for for your team to start a new project.
2. find synergies between teams to create possible consortium for complete proposal.
Find out about existing projects:
1. avoid to work on the same topics (competition)
2. enable more collaborations (make sure the projects complement each other)
Initiate collaboration with the industry:
1. Corporates struggle to know about interesting research projects they could invest in.
2. Some research projects require technologies or market access only available to industry
Find new sponsors:
1. existing and previous projects gain new visibility through this channel which facilitates the process of obtaining sponsorship.
Collect the data from 10-20 projects involving micro & macroalgae.
Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org